Saturday, August 29, 2009

For Mike. . . . . .


This is my easel. If you look just below the center there is a small painting. I finished this little piece yesterday and plan on taking it to a show I have in St. Louis in two weeks. It's 1 1/2"x 1 1/2". Ridiculously small and at my advancing age(I am not old, but no longer a young man), very difficult to see and work on such a scale. It's a painting of a sunrise through some fog, early in the morning near Ocala.
An artist's friend lost her husband yesterday. He was a good man. Death plays no favorites. We are all in the same line that ends the same way, we just don't know when. We seem invincible when we are young, but time marches forward, distracted by nothing, pursuing it's only goal, continuum. It's a cliche' to say live every moment to it's fullest, but it doesn't make it any less profound. Rest in Peace Mike Bitner. May every moment now be more beautiful than a sunrise near Ocala.

No comments:

Post a Comment